A visit to New Hampshire just isn’t complete without a cruise on the historic M/S Mount Washington. Since 1872, “The Mount” has cruised the sparkling waters of Lake Winnipesaukee, among the most spectacular scenery in New England. Together with her sister vessels, the M/V Doris E and M/V Sophie C., each season we host thousands of visitors on scenic cruises, dinner cruises, private functions, and charters.
We’re looking for a Cruise Director to organize outstanding and unforgettable events. You will be a critical bridge between the customer and all aspects of our business – sales, operations, food and beverage, finance, and external vendors.
The Cruise Director will be called upon to plan and execute a variety of events, including weddings, proms, corporate functions, and dinner cruises. The successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously.
Responsibilities include meeting with clients to finalize event details, collaborating with internal stakeholders, managing vendors, and day-of event execution. As our success depends on exceeding customer expectations, excellent communication skills and attention to detail are vital in this role.
* Identify customer needs and expectations for each event
* Coordinate with customers, vendors, and stakeholders during the planning process to be sure details are in order and everyone is well-informed
* Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to be sure all details adhere to customer and company standards
* Manage and oversee activities on the day of the event. Activities include directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, welcoming guests, problem-solving, and managing tear down
* Anticipate and plan for possible scenarios that may affect the success of the event, including capacity issues and adverse weather
* Delegate event planning tasks to other crew members where necessary