Position Title: Customer Service/AP- AR Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer phone and assist customers with issues pertaining to product selection, placing orders, tracking orders, payment, etc. questions.
• Accurately enter sales orders received by phone, email, fax and Sales team.
• Determine charges for products/services requested and arrange for payment terms.
• Follow through to ensure that appropriate changes are made to resolve customer inquiries.
• Review backlog regularly to ensure accuracy and work with necessary departments to release order hold discrepancies.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Liaise with customer service and the sales team regarding customer billing with follow through on customer billing inquiries.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
• Enter vendor invoices in Quick Books.
• Process weekly check run.
• Processing daily Accounts Receivable (A/R) statements and reports with computer programs, prepare invoices for mailing.
• Sending and verifying invoices for goods and services.
• Entering data on accounting statements.
• Maintaining detailed reports of client payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Resolving account discrepancies and overseeing collections.
• Managing weekly revenue and recording all checks into computerized software programs.
• Processing specific financial forms (e.g., tax forms, inventory/supplies order forms, etc.)
• Establish and maintain confidential employer and business files.
• Maintain financial documents using an organized filing system as instructed electronically or non-electronically.